DR. ALICIA C. OMAÑA, M.P.H., PH.D. IN NATURAL MEDICINE, ND. TRADITIONAL NATUROPATH.
Dr. Alicia C. Omaña is a Board Certified as Alternative Medical Practitioner, PhD in Natural Medicine, Traditional Naturopath, Nationally licensed by The American Council of Holistic Medicine, Natural Wellness and Nutrition Consultant, licensed as Texas Director for The Complete Health Improvement Program and Wellness Corporate, President/Owner of Omaña Natural Wellness and MedSpa Center, LLC, located in Spring, TX
Trained as a medical doctor, she became dissatisfied with allopathic medicine, Dr. Omaña furthered her education with a Master's in Public Health and worked for the US government in the field of medical epidemiology in transmissible reportable infectious conditions. After 20 years of service, she again felt the need to change and decided to pursue a career in natural medicine.
She strongly believes that holistic natural health care is the wave of the future and is dedicated to helping the public learn how to obtain vibrant health through drug-less and noninvasive means.
She was born in Corpus Christi, TX; she is a Medical Doctor trained and licensed in México. Her maternal grandfather was a Homeopath doctor specializing in nervous diseases in Guadalajara, México who practiced medicine for 72 years and died at the age of 100 years old. He was a great motivation for her in pursuing her allopathic medical degree first and integrative, alternative and natural medicine. She is the mother of two wonderful children and three grandchildren. She likes to cook, exercise, to spend time with her family, grandchildren and her mascot Afghan hound “Bonita”.
Dr. Omaña is bilingual (English & Spanish) and bi-cultural practicing medicine in México and public health as a medical epidemiologist for over 30 years in the USA. She is a healthcare administrator with education institution experience at the Texas A&M Health Sciences Center and Oklahoma University Health Science Center School of Medicine. While serving the U.S. government as a medical epidemiologist officer, she oversaw departments serving populations of up to 4 million people. She successfully implemented programs, policies and systems as well as collaborated with colleagues, management and regulatory agencies. She utilized specialized experience in medical epidemiology, bio-terrorism, blood borne pathogens, infectious diseases, and infection control practices to manage vital programs. She conducted diabetic health education in federal community clinics with thousands of diabetic patients as well as managed diabetic patients in the private sector in Mexico.
Traditional Naturopathy/Lifestyle/Integrative/Holistic Natural Health Care Practitioner, Natural Wellness and Nutrition Consultant, Wellness Corporate Director, Healthcare Administration, Medical Epidemiology, Infection Control, Program Management, Budget Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Training & Development, Process Improvements, Quality Assurance, Medical Investigations, Research & Analysis, Statistical Data Collection, Facility Inspections & Reporting, Regulatory Compliance, Policy Development & Implementation, Written & Oral Presentations.
- Dr. Alicia C. Omaña earned her medical doctor degree (M.D.) at Universidad del Noreste School of Medicine, Tampico, México.
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) at the University of Texas Health Science Center School of Public Health.
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine at Kingdom College of Natural Health, USA.
- Certification in Executive Leadership for Health Care Professionals at Cornell University, New York
- PhD in Natural Medicine at Texas Chiropractic College—Practitioner of Natural Health
- Certification/Licensure in Lifestyle Medicine, Lifestyle Medicine Institute, CA
- Texas Board Certified by AAMA.
- National Board Certified by ACHM
- American Alternative Medical Association
- American Council of Holistic Medicine
- International Iridology Practitioners Association
- Public Health Association
- Lifestyle Medicine Institute, CHIP Corporate Regional Director
- American Association of Integrative Medicine
- American College of Wellness
- Corporate Health and Wellness Association, Corporate Wellness, Worksite Wellness
- Executive Search Network
- Houston Anti-Aging And Wellness
- Houston Wellness Association
- Medical Wellness Association and Alliance
- Naturopathic Medical Doctors Association
- Naturopathic Practitioners Network
- The Anti-Aging Professional Network
- Wellness and Health Marketing Group
HONORS AND AWARDS:
Dr. Alicia C. Omaña, M.P.H., D.PSc., Ph.D Natural Medicine has earned numerous Awards and Certificates of Appreciation for outstanding achievements
Selected to “Outstanding Young Women of America” in recognition of Superior Achievement both Professionally as well as in Community Service
Nominated as the National Executive Director for the American Council of Holistic Medicine in 2013.
Interact with people of all backgrounds, jogging, judo, playing mandolin, reading and spending time with her family.
2013 NOMINATION: NATIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
DR. ALICIA C. OMANA HAS BEEN NOMINATED AS THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR THE AMERICAN COUNCIL OF HOLISTIC MEDICINE IN 2013.
AMERICAN COUNCIL OF HOLISTIC MEDICINE: FEATURED PRACTITIONER FEBRUARY 2012 | DR. ALICIA C. OMANA
The American Council of Holistic Medicine is the certifying agency that recognizes differing levels of expertise, education, and specialty for the Natural Health Consultant in the field of alternative medicine.
If you are a Holistic Health Practitioner, Herbologist, Nutritional Consultant, Homeopath, Traditional Naturopath, Holistic Health Practitioner or Weight Loss Consultant, you want recognition for your hard-earned expertise and specialization.
The American Council of Holistic Medicine was originally founded in 2001 as the Guild of Holistic Practitioners.The ACHM represents professionals trained in the arts of natural healing.
We are dedicated to fostering excellence within the field of natural medicine and strive for the highest standards among our members. The founders of The Council are seasoned professionals who oversee the Board of Examiners. Check out the
American Council of Holistic Medicine on their website.